Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather set to retire after victory over Andre Berto  (Read 3319 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum
Floyd Mayweather set to retire after victory over Andre Berto
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »

Floyd Mayweather has re-affirmed his plans to retire from boxing following a comfortable victory over Andre Berto in Las Vegas. The five-division world champion extended his unbeaten record to 49-0 thanks to another unanimous decision at the MGM Grand, equalling the mark set by legendary heavyweight Rocky Marciano in 1955, and successfully defending his WBA and WBC welterweight titles.

Mayweather, who beat long-time rival Manny Pacquiao in the so-called 'Fight of the Century' earlier this year and was criticised for his choice of final opponent amid sustained support for the likes of Amir Khan, was partaking in the last fight of his lucrative six-match contract with American TV network Showtime. He produced a trademark performance of speed and precision as the judges returned scorecards of 120-108, 118-110 and 117-111 in the 38-year-old's favour.

While he maintained before the bout that this would be the final outing of an illustrious career, many remained skeptical and believed the temptation to set a new unbeaten record would prove too alluring. Mayweather, however, insists he is stepping away from the sport while he still has his health intact.

"My career is over," he was quoted as saying by Reuters in his post-fight press conference. "It's official. My 49-0 record is part of boxing. I'm financially secure and I'm in good health. I'm looking forward to finding the next Floyd Mayweather and seeing someone break all these records I set. Records are meant to be broken. I am leaving the sport with all my faculties, I'm still sharp and smart. I've accomplished everything in this sport, there's nothing else to accomplish."

Floyd Mayweather to Make 3 Times As Much As Conor McGregor For Super Fight

Started by lindaikeji

Replies: 0
Views: 3034
Last post June 16, 2017, 12:44:22 AM
by lindaikeji
Floyd Mayweather Signs Contract To Fight Conor McGregor

Started by newspostng

Replies: 0
Views: 2842
Last post June 14, 2017, 01:47:54 AM
by newspostng