Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Atiku denies Adamawa governorship ambition  (Read 1582 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum
Atiku denies Adamawa governorship ambition
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »

Former Vice-President and All Progressives Congress chieftain, Atiku Abubakar, has denied the rumour going round in Adamawa State that he intends to contest in the governorship by-election in the state.

The election, which will hold on October 11, is expected to be a two-horse race between the APC and the Peoples Democratic Party.

Among the people gunning for the governorship seat are the former Deputy Governor of the state, Bala Ngilari, the former military Governor of Lagos State, Col Buba Marwa (retd) and the ex-Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who recently defected from the APC to the PDP.

Concerning the rumour, Atiku on Saturday posted on his Facebook page, ?I just read this rumour that I am running for governor of Adamawa State. This is not true.?

According to him, contesting again as the governor of the state will mean taking a step backward.

?I was elected governor of Adamawa State 15 years ago, but was elevated to the position of vice president. I believe we must always look forward, not backwards.

?I will never back away from supporting the development of my home state, as I have always done, both as a businessman and a statesman,? Atiku said.

The APC chieftain also expressed his sadness over the inability of President Goodluck Jonathan?s government to rescue the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls being held hostage by Boko Haram.

Boko Haram negotiator denies FG?s claim of talks with Boko Haram

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 1490
Last post October 29, 2014, 08:45:24 AM
by jchima14
A vote for PDP is vote for insurgency, corruption, unemployment ? Atiku

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 1478
Last post November 28, 2014, 08:35:27 AM
by jchima14