Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: Nigeria Bank in trouble as ATM dispenses fake Naira notes  (Read 2585 times)

Offline yungcrux

• Global Moderator
Nigeria Bank in trouble as ATM dispenses fake Naira notes
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »

Charles Ajiboye, a federal civil servant in Edo State, has petitioned Edo State House of Assembly, alleging that the Automated Teller Machine, ATM, of a new generation bank in Benin, was dispensing fake Naira notes.

According to the petition, which was read during the House’s proceedings yesterday by the Clerk of the House, Mr. James Omoataman, the petitioner said he used the ATM close to Oba Market.

“Sir, to my ruddiest shock, on presenting N3,000 for payment after buying some food items, the seller observed that one of the notes was fake”, it read.

“I immediately went back to the bank and accosted some security men on duty who blatantly told me to go away as there was nothing they could do, that I would not be the first person to withdraw a fake note from an ATM in Nigeria.

“Irked by this response, I went to Oba Market Police Station, where I formally reported the matter. The bank’s act, for dispensing fake Naira notes via its ATM, is a crime – short and simple.

“I may not be the first person to have fallen victim of this crime by the bank. Perhaps, other victims may have considered fake notes so insignificant to belabour themselves over.

“Arising from the above, it is my belief that if this practice is not checked by appropriate sanctions, including sanctions by the supervising bank, the CBN, there are tendencies that fake Naira notes will continue to be dispensed alongside genuine bank notes by the bank.

“I, therefore, seek the intervention of the Edo State House of Assembly by investigating the matter with a view to recommending appropriate sanctions on the bank to serve as deterrence to other banks.”

Former Nigeria Chief of Defence Staff hides $1 million in his wardrobe – Witness

Started by newspostng

Replies: 0
Views: 2561
Last post February 22, 2017, 01:17:34 AM
by newspostng
CBN Nigeria orders banks to accept cheques in savings account

Started by legendguru

Views: 2234
Last post August 03, 2016, 06:50:19 AM
by legendguru
Nigeria CBN issues new directive on payment of salaries, pension taxes

Started by punch

Views: 13957
Last post January 30, 2019, 07:13:24 AM
by punch
Cash withdrawal limit policy goes into effect nationwide in Nigeria

Started by legendguru

Views: 8967
Last post January 09, 2023, 01:39:22 PM
by legendguru
CBN Nigeria - No going back on BVN Oct 31 deadline, Register now or lose account

Started by yungcrux

Views: 2384
Last post October 08, 2015, 09:56:47 AM
by yungcrux