Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Corruption - Former Anambra state Gov-How I shared the N100 million given to me  (Read 1232 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
Former Anambra state governor, Chief Jim Nwobodo, has stated that he did not receive N500m as rumoured, instead he got N100m which he he disbursed.

Nwobodo who stated categorically that he has never met ex-National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, said he received the N100m from former PDP National Chairman Adamu Mu?azu, whose wherabouts the EFCC does not know.

He denied ever collecting money from Dasuki who he said he had never met. ?I have never met Dasuki in my life. I don?t know Dasuki. Ex-Minister Bashir Yuguda I know, just as a former minister like any Nigerian.

?I got N100million for campaign purposes and not N500million. I did not receive the money from either Dasuki or Yuguda. The money I received was from a former National Chairman of PDP, Adamu Muazu. I gave the list of the disbursement according to states to the party,? he told The Nation.

In a statement issued by John Okoreni on behalf of Nwobodo said: ?The attention of Senator (Dr.) Jim Nwobodo has been drawn to news items where it was mentioned that he received the sum of one hundred million naira (N100,000,000) from Bashir Yuguda, ex-Minister of State for Finance for the purpose of the last presidential election.

?Senator (Dr.) Jim Nwobodo states as follows: That he was the chairman of the Contact Committee of the PDP Presidential campaign for the South East Zone

?The Committee was appointed by the party and inaugurated by its then National Chairman, Dr. Adamu Mu?azu

?That the Committee oversaw the five states of the Zone, namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo State

?Members of the Committee were three for each state; Senator Jim Nwobodo, Chairman (Enugu), Chief Onyema Ogochukwu, Secretary (Abia), Ambassador Ojo Maduekwe (Abia), Senator Adolphus Wabara (Abia), Prof. A.B.C. Nwosu (Anambra), Senator Ben Ndi Obi (Anambra), Senator Joy Emodi (Anambra), Ambassador Frank Ogbuweu (Ebonyi), Senator Ben Collins Ndu (Enugu), Ambassador Fidel Ayogu (Enugu), Chief Emmanuel Iwanyanwu (Imo), Chief Achike Udenwa (Imo) and Chief Innocent Nwoga (Imo).

?That the only fund received by the committee for its work in the five South-Eastern states was N100million and the money was received from the then National Chairman of PDP, Dr. Adamu Muazu, for logistics, travelling, mobilisation of party members in the zone for the presidential election.

?That the fund was properly disbursed to the states and duly signed by members of the Committee for each State and accounted for to the party.

?That at no time did Senator Jim Nwobodo receive the money from any person other than the then National Chairman of the party.

?That it would be unusual for Senator Nwobodo and other members of his committee to query the source of the campaign fund coming from the National Chairman of his party for official functions and purposes.

?This statement is meant to put the records straight and correct the impression making round in the media on the alleged distribution of money by Bashir Yuguda as it concerns Senator Nwobodo.

"I will build 1 million houses in annually" APC Presidential Aspirant, Isaiah

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 1557
Last post October 11, 2014, 05:43:30 PM
by jchima14
Ekiti Debt Profile: Fayose Accuses Fayemi of running the state into massive debt

Started by jchima14

Views: 3246
Last post October 20, 2014, 12:40:44 PM
by jchima14
President Trump to Give State of Union Address as Impeached President

Started by punch

Views: 4843
Last post February 05, 2020, 10:56:18 AM
by punch
2015 Election: Fulani Cattle Breeders to mobilize 23 million votes for Jonathan

Started by jchima14

Views: 1750
Last post October 21, 2014, 09:23:42 PM
by jchima14
Chief Judge Of Nigeria’s Federal High Court Implicated In $1.3 Million Bribery A

Started by Ereporter

Views: 1225
Last post October 12, 2016, 01:40:55 PM
by Ereporter