Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Yamaha to unveil motorcycle-riding robot faster than humans  (Read 1323 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator
Yamaha to unveil motorcycle-riding robot faster than humans
« on: October 29, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »

Japanese motorcycle giant Yamaha created a robot that is learning how to copy a motorsports champion.

At the Tokyo Motor Show on Wednesday, the company revealed Motobot, its autonomous motorcycle-riding humanoid robot, which can to ride an unmodified motorcycle.

Yamaha wants Motobot to ride faster than 200 km/h (124 mph) on a racetrack, but the company did not disclose the robot's top speed when announcing its new creation. Mashable has reached out to Yamaha for clarification.

"The task of controlling the complex motions of a motorcycle at high speeds requires a variety of control systems that must function with a high degree of accuracy," Yamaha said in a statement. Motobot is also part of Yamaha's research efforts toward better rider safety, it said.

In the promotional video above, the robot issues a challenge to Italian world champion Valentino Rossi. As a childhood picture of Rossi comes on screen, the robot, using a digitized boy's voice, says: "I am improving my skills everyday, but I'm not sure if I can even beat the five-year-old you."

Motobot makes it clear that it's gaining on Rossi ? and the rest of humankind: "I am not human but there has to be something only I am capable of. I am Motobot. I was created to surpass you."

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

Factory Robot Kills Worker at Volkswagen Plant in Germany

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1342
Last post July 02, 2015, 11:09:52 AM
by internet police
SS3 Student builds motorcycle in Abuja

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 1508
Last post December 02, 2016, 12:45:11 AM
by yungcrux