Random Pagan Verse:
If your Book is found on you, it is clear proof against you along unless you tell our enemies what you know. You may be taken and tortured,
but keep all thoughts of the Craft from your mind. If the torture is too much to bear, tell them, "I cannot bear this torture. I will confess. What do you want me to say?"
If they try to make you talk about the Craft, do not; but if they try to make you speak of absurd things, such as flying through the air, consorting with the Christian devil,
sacrificing children or eating mens flesh, say, "I held an evil dream; I was beside myself; I was crazed," or words to that effect, to obtain relief from the torture. Not all
magistrates are bad -- if there is any semblance of an excuse, they may show mercy. If you have confessed to anything, deny it afterwards: say that you babbled under torture,
or that you dont remember what you said. If you are condemned, do not be afraid, for the Craft is powerful and your escape will be aided if you stand fast. If you go steadfast
to the flames, be certain that drugs will reach you and you will feel nothing of the pain. You will only go to death and what lies beyond -- the ecstasy of the God and the Goddess.
If you betray anything, however, there is no hope for you in this life or that which is to come.

Author Topic: People With Sinus Infections Stay on Antibiotics Too Long, Study Reveals  (Read 335 times)

Offline newspostng (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
    • View Profile

Most people prescribed antibiotics for sinus infections are on treatment courses of 10 days or longer even though infectious-disease doctors recommend five to seven days for uncomplicated cases, a U.S. study suggests.

Researchers examined data from a sample representing an estimated 3.7 million adults treated for sinusitis and prescribed antibiotics in 2016. Overall, 70 percent of antibiotics prescribed were for 10 days or longer, the study found.

"Anytime antibiotics are used, they can cause side effects and lead to antibiotic resistance," said senior study author Dr. Katherine Fleming-Dutra, deputy director of the Office of Antibiotic Stewardship at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

"This is why it is so important to only use antibiotics when they are needed and to use the right antibiotic for the minimum effective duration," Fleming-Dutra said by email.

Common side effects of antibiotics can include rash, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea and yeast infections, she said. More serious side effects may include life-threatening allergic reactions and Clostridium difficile infection, which causes diarrhea that can lead to severe colon damage and death.

Antibiotic resistance occurs when bacteria develop the ability to defeat the drugs designed to kill them and can make infections harder to treat.

Half of World's People Can't get Basic Health Services-World Health Organization

Started by naij

Replies: 0
Views: 408
Last post December 15, 2017, 08:09:34 AM
by naij
Sicentist Reveals Cost Effective to Test for All Lung Cancer Mutations at Once

Started by yungcrux

Views: 7558
Last post May 18, 2018, 07:46:59 AM
by yungcrux
World Health Organization reveals -Breastfeeding Newborns Get Best Start in Life

Started by Naijaloaded

Views: 4139
Last post August 01, 2018, 12:24:19 AM
by Naijaloaded
Research reveals - Stigma, Embarrassment Jeopardize Diabetics' Health

Started by legendguru

Views: 426
Last post January 04, 2017, 10:50:44 AM
by legendguru
WHO Reveals - Early Diagnosis and Treatment Can Prevent Disability from Leprosy