Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: BlackBerry regret launching Priv,set to roll out Two Android Smartphones in 2016  (Read 1432 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator

It?s pretty clear that BlackBerry has lost all the market that it owned a few years ago and that BB10 OS is unlikely to come back. The Canadian company has already realized that its only chance to keep building mobile phones is to put Android on them.

BlackBerry PRIV is the company?s first Android smartphone, but considering the latest financial results announced by the company, the handset was a bit of a failure. The PRIV was not ready for prime time when it comes to specs and features, but the main downside of the device is the high price.

According to The National, BlackBerry?s CEO John Chen has admitted that it was a mistake to launch a top-tier product as the company?s first Android smartphone.

?The fact that we came out with a high end phone [as our first Android device] was probably not as wise as it should have been. A lot of enterprise customers have said to us, ?I want to buy your phone but $700 is a little too steep for me. I?m more interested in a $400 device,?? explains John Chen.

The last chance for BlackBerry?s smartphone business
Even if analysts forecasted BlackBerry would sell around 850,000 PRIV units, only 600,000 were shipped until the end of March. The good news is the losses of the mobile division were cut in half, which means there?s hope for BlackBerry on the smartphone market.

John Chen is still optimistic that he can save BlackBerry mobile division, which is why they will launch two new Android smartphones by the end of the year.

However, this time, BlackBerry will switch its focus on the mid-range market as both devices will cost no more than $400 outright. If these devices don't sell as well as they should, then BlackBerry?s hardware division might be a thing of the past.

?Since I started at the company I?ve been saying I?ll make the handset business profitable. If I can?t make it profitable because the market won?t let me, then I?ll get out of the handset business. I love our handset business, but we need to make money,? adds Chen.

Nokia unveiled the Nokia 8 Android Phone Officially

Started by naij

Replies: 0
Views: 1891
Last post August 18, 2017, 12:30:48 AM
by naij
Microsoft rollout Microsoft News App for iPhone and Android

Started by Naijaloaded

Replies: 0
Views: 12549
Last post June 22, 2018, 12:16:41 AM
by Naijaloaded