Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Okogie tells Buhari - Stop castigating looters publicly, call them for dialogue  (Read 1297 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator
Renowned cleric and former President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Anthony Cardinal Okogie, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to invite suspected looters of the country?s treasury for dialogue.

According to him, the fight against corruption would be made easier if looters were allowed to return their loot privately without calling out on them publicly.

Speaking with Punch, Okogie said it was also cheaper to recover loot through dialogue than charging suspected looters of public fund to court.

He said, ?I agree with the National Peace Committee that the President should thread softly and should set criteria that he is going to use. Corruption is endemic in Nigeria. That is why they are asking for caution: ?Look at it properly,?? he said.

The cleric urged President Buhari to invite those suspected to have looted government treasury ?to speak to their conscience.?

Okogie said, ?People like that, when they go to court, they don?t look right and left before they do things. If I have a man like that and I know he has the money, I will weigh the options; ?will it profit the nation if I take this man to court. If I take him to court, he is going to get a lawyer. The lawyer will be employed with part of the money I am looking for.

?The lawyer will now start to ask for adjournments and all what not. I may not get this money until after four years. And the judge too, in the mean time, is getting (part of the loot); you will not know. He won?t just adjourn anyhow.

?The lawyer will invite his brother (the judge) to come and get part of the cake until half of it will be gone. We have to look at the issue from that angle. And you may end up getting nothing.?

When asked if such would be possible in a sanitised judiciary, he asked, ?Is it sanitised??

According to Okogie, these are the areas the President ought to have started his anti-graft war by ?sanitising and purifying? the judiciary first. ?At least, you will know that three-quarters of the place is tight, and then you can start (the probe),? he added.

The fiery cleric, who decried the spate of moral decadence in the society, stated that it was the responsibility of the family to bring up the child well.

He lamented that parents were no more disciplined as before, saying, ?These days, they don?t care anymore. That is not right; that is not how they were brought up.?

He said, ?Look at the probe that is going on now, for example; how can one person manage to get (steal) one-point-something billion; not even million but billion, and very soon you will hear of trillions? Where did he get it from? That is how it is going on, and he is from a family.

?And if his conscience worried him, he will run to his pastor to say ?I want to pay tithe ? 10 per cent; this is my tithe.? The pastor collects the tithe. Seeing that it is huge money, the pastor will ask him, ?what can I do for you???

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2128
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2396
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
by mastercode