Random Pagan Verse:
Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed youll be.

Author Topic: Sexual Arrassment Reported in University of Lagos UNILAG , Investigation begins  (Read 7193 times)

Offline newspostng (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
    • View Profile

The Management of University of Lagos (UNILAG) says it will investigate allegation of sexual harassment leveled against an unnamed lecturer.

The authority in a statement from the office of the Vice-Chancellor Corporate Affairs Directorate Communication Unit sent to NigerianEye said the issue would be thoroughly investigated with transparency.

Photos had surfaced online in which a man said to be a lecturer with the Department of English, Faculty of Arts, was captured nude on camera while attempting to have sex with a female student.

The unnamed female students who shared the photos said the lecturer was fond of harassing students.

“I have been suffering this for months now. Whenever students go to his office, he is always fond of trying to touch you. I took pictures of him on one of the days I entered his office” she said.

“I am not his first victim. He does this all the time to students. I have completely given up when it comes to academics, as he had failed me on some occasions. When I talked to him concerning it, he said i should know what to do since i am adult. I feel so dirty for even allowing such an old man touch me. But he doesn’t even care as long as you satisfy his wants”.

“I’m tired of everything. He should be stopped before he ruins the lives of other innocent girls in that English department. When he touches me I am always in tears but it doesn’t stop him”.

The school statement read “The attention of the University Management has been drawn to a news report trending on social media in respect of an alleged sexual harassment involving an alleged lecturer in the University of Lagos”.

“The Management has a zero tolerance for allegations pertaining to sexual impropriety, and has a well-established policy against such practices.

“We wish to reassure all our stakeholders, students, parents, members of staff and the general public that Management will not treat this matter with levity. Management will tackle the allegation with every sense of responsibility and seriousness that the matter deserves. The issue would be thoroughly investigated with transparency”.

“Management respectfully solicits information from members of the University community and pledges confidentiality and protection”.

Shocking !!! Kidnappers of Lagos school girls reduce ransom from N200m to N10m

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 327
Last post March 04, 2016, 01:24:15 AM
by legendguru
Lagos warns teachers - Basic education is free for all children, dont charge fee

Started by mastercode

Views: 315
Last post June 20, 2016, 03:31:58 AM
by mastercode
how we planned, carried out Lagos school girls kidnap- Suspects reveal

Started by internet police

Views: 386
Last post March 19, 2016, 09:31:42 PM
by internet police
Lagos students still sit on floor, windows to receive lectures despite N13.5Bill

Started by jchima14

Views: 307
Last post November 07, 2014, 07:43:51 AM
by jchima14
Two students flee home in Lagos after failing promotional exam

Started by mastercode

Views: 419
Last post September 07, 2015, 04:28:24 PM
by mastercode
Lagos State Government suspends teachers for beating student

Started by mastercode

Views: 435
Last post March 28, 2016, 12:35:15 PM
by mastercode
EBOLA: Lagos schools may not reopen Sept 22, says Fashola

Views: 546
Last post September 12, 2014, 11:45:09 AM
by internet police
Court upholds ban on hijab in Lagos schools

Started by jchima14

Views: 423
Last post October 18, 2014, 11:12:47 AM
by jchima14
Webometrics Ranked Nigeria Convenant University best in Nigeria and West Africa.

Views: 593
Last post February 21, 2015, 03:33:59 PM
by internet police
MERS virus-South Korean university kick out Hong Kong students for wearing masks

Started by mastercode

Views: 339
Last post June 18, 2015, 02:52:04 AM
by mastercode