Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: Sexual Arrassment Reported in University of Lagos UNILAG , Investigation begins  (Read 8641 times)

Offline newspostng

• Global Moderator

The Management of University of Lagos (UNILAG) says it will investigate allegation of sexual harassment leveled against an unnamed lecturer.

The authority in a statement from the office of the Vice-Chancellor Corporate Affairs Directorate Communication Unit sent to NigerianEye said the issue would be thoroughly investigated with transparency.

Photos had surfaced online in which a man said to be a lecturer with the Department of English, Faculty of Arts, was captured nude on camera while attempting to have sex with a female student.

The unnamed female students who shared the photos said the lecturer was fond of harassing students.

“I have been suffering this for months now. Whenever students go to his office, he is always fond of trying to touch you. I took pictures of him on one of the days I entered his office” she said.

“I am not his first victim. He does this all the time to students. I have completely given up when it comes to academics, as he had failed me on some occasions. When I talked to him concerning it, he said i should know what to do since i am adult. I feel so dirty for even allowing such an old man touch me. But he doesn’t even care as long as you satisfy his wants”.

“I’m tired of everything. He should be stopped before he ruins the lives of other innocent girls in that English department. When he touches me I am always in tears but it doesn’t stop him”.

The school statement read “The attention of the University Management has been drawn to a news report trending on social media in respect of an alleged sexual harassment involving an alleged lecturer in the University of Lagos”.

“The Management has a zero tolerance for allegations pertaining to sexual impropriety, and has a well-established policy against such practices.

“We wish to reassure all our stakeholders, students, parents, members of staff and the general public that Management will not treat this matter with levity. Management will tackle the allegation with every sense of responsibility and seriousness that the matter deserves. The issue would be thoroughly investigated with transparency”.

“Management respectfully solicits information from members of the University community and pledges confidentiality and protection”.