Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Toyin Aimakhu Reveals , I used to take codeine, marijuana, drugs  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Nairaland

• Global Moderator
Toyin Aimakhu Reveals , I used to take codeine, marijuana, drugs
« on: November 15, 2017, 06:35:36 AM »

Nollywood star, Toyin Abraham, opened up on her past when she abused hard drugs like marijuana and codeine, and was involved in other vices. The actress made the disclosure at the 2017 edition of Success Story Africa, held at the TLC Auditorium, Lagos, on Sunday.

“You need to stop bad habits. I was involved in a lot of vices and it became worse last year,” she said at the event.

“I did drugs and I am not ashamed to say it because it’s now a thing of the past. They say codeine makes you high; I took a lot. I smoked a lot and I didn’t even know I looked horrible, because I was so skinny.

“If you came to my house last year, you would meet a lot of people and you wont want to leave because we smoked, gossiped about people and what have you.”

The actress also revealed that she once hawked plantain chips to help feed her family.

She said growing up was not easy for her because her family was not financially buoyant, although things worked out for them because they worked hard and were “spiritually buoyant”.

She also talked about the mistakes she has made in the entertainment industry and how she has not let the negativity shape her.

“I made a lot of mistakes when I began acting and that was because I did not have plans. I just wanted to be known.

“But, I now know that being popular isn’t the same thing as being successful. When I got into the industry and the fame became too much, I became irresponsible.

“I could not boast of N1 million in 2016. I was making money and I wanted to feel among. When one of our colleagues bought a car, it was trouble because we all strove to buy the same car or a bigger one.

“I had to change my circle for good and this change started in March 2017.”

Previously called Toyin Aimakhu, the actress changed her name to Toyin Abraham in December 2016.

The well-attended event also featured inspiring speeches by ace comedian, Bovi Ugboma; and Commissioner for Information, Ogun State, Dayo Adeneye, among other speakers.

actress, Sikirat Sindodo reveals, We are poor,There’s poor pay in Nollywood

Started by Naijaloaded

Replies: 0
Views: 11339
Last post January 28, 2019, 07:24:26 AM
by Naijaloaded
Nollywood Actress Mama Gee reveals how Producers Sleep with Young actress

Started by newspostng

Views: 1633
Last post July 01, 2016, 01:14:26 AM
by newspostng
Nkechi Blessing reveals she doesnt love men,dated Falegan to make her ex jealous

Started by gurusforum

Views: 7072
Last post September 16, 2022, 12:35:28 PM
by gurusforum
Actress Silverline Onuoha Reveals - My Boobs Are Small But My Nipples Are A Bomb

Started by mastercode

Views: 1831
Last post June 12, 2017, 01:09:56 AM
by mastercode
Popular Nollywood Actor reveals Why most celebrities live fake lives

Started by newspostng

Views: 12658
Last post July 25, 2018, 12:34:23 AM
by newspostng